Friday, August 13, 2010

Mommy Moments: I Love Books

mommy moments

When I decided to be a full-time mom, I invested some of my early retirement money to books which I know will be useful for my kids. Here are some of them:



I believe all the encouragements and exposures we've done for the kids paid off when I see them read books on their own. They were not the "bookworm" type but I'm glad they like to read books. They made efforts to borrow books from the school library and if the books they like is not yet available, that is the only time they request us to buy them one. Some of their favorites are: pokemon, geronimo stilton, tomo and Percy Jackson.



My youngest is only following what his brothers are reading but what he really wants is to read books about cars!



My eldest son, amazed me when I learned that he now likes to read the Holy Bible! He even requested that I buy him his own bible to read. Now is the time for us to support them with what they want. . . .

9 comments:

  1. Investment is the best word! Not only for the books but for the knowledge they bring...wow! keep it up mom!

    -Gizelle

    ReplyDelete
  2. you did good with ur retirement money! :) i would do the same.. look at ur eldest.. :) cutey! hihih

    ReplyDelete
  3. great job using your retirement money to something your kids will benefit from....

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, book sets! I buy ebooks for myself, for my kids well, they're still young. I'm saving up for the book sets too. You have Percy Jackson. I hope my kids like reading too.

    ReplyDelete
  5. bravo mommy divine! :) well done!

    ReplyDelete
  6. well done mommy divine.. its nice to see kids reading books.. my kids started reading na rin..

    Very good investment from your early retirement money.. well done..

    ReplyDelete
  7. You've done well investing in books for your kids, Mommy! Seeing a lot of books in the home is already a good motivator for them to read.

    ReplyDelete
  8. what an impressive collection you got there! keep it up..

    ReplyDelete
  9. Books are a good investment for your kids. :)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...